TIPS Wayfinding / Directory Software
Kiosk User Interface Module
- Intuitive, touch-friendly design
- Interfaces with backend content database
- Completely customizable, scalable, for large to small facilities
- Multiple language capability
- Displays colorful maps with animated routes and/or written directions
- Customizable search options (alphabetical, by topic, by keyword, etc)
- Optional one-touch print feature
- Allows visitors to access content before they arrive
- Can be integrated into Client’s existing website
- Uses same content database as kiosk
- Easy editing by non-technical personnel, remotely updated
- Accessible via TIPS Cloud™ or installed on client server
- Password-protected, with multiple security levels
- Publisher tool that triggers kiosk to pull new data automatically
All DynaTouch solution packages are designed to include the hardware, software, services and support needed for a fully-integrated, ready-to-run, turnkey system. Or, if you already have hardware or a preferred hardware vendor, just let us know!
- Kiosks, tablets, workstations
- Floor standing, sit-down, wall-mount, countertop models
- Multitude of peripheral device options
- Comprehensive deployment and support services
Building / Hospital
Manage and present comprehensive information about building facilities, programs and services. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of their desired destination. Optionally, they can look up destinations by topic/category. Each item in the directory database can include a description, floor number, room number, telephone number, plus links to wayfinding maps/directions, Internet/intranet web pages, photos, audio clips, videos, virtual tours and/or multimedia displays.
Personnel / Physician Directory Module
Manage and present a comprehensive directory of physicians, providers and/or personnel in one or more buildings. It includes the individual’s last name, first name, department, plus the floor, room and/or suite number of their office. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of the individual’s last name, then select from a list of persons whose last name starts with that letter. Optionally, they can select ‘All Individuals’ and scroll up and down the entire list. Once an individual is selected, their department, floor, room and/or suite number is immediately presented. When additional information on the individual is available, the user can touch the ‘More Info’ button to view either a full-page multimedia screen or an Internet/intranet web page.
Campus / Military Base Directory Module
Manage and present comprehensive information for multiple buildings and facilities across your campus or military base/post. Data can be managed by area, region, or campus. Using an alphabetical keypad presented on the screen, users touch the first letter of their desired destination. Optionally, they can look up destinations by area, by region, by building number, and/or other custom topics/categories. Each item in the directory database can include a description, an area or campus designation, building name and number, street address, floor number, room number, telephone number, plus links to wayfinding maps/directions, Internet/intranet web pages, photos, audio clips, videos, virtual tours and/or multimedia displays.
Auto-Dial Telephone Module
This module initiates automatic dialing of authorized phone numbers in the display content. Users pick up the telephone handset attached to the kiosk, then touch the ‘Auto-Dial’ button and dialing is initiated by the software. If multiple phone numbers are being displayed on the screen for the selected item, only the first number will be dialed. Client is responsible for all telephone connectivity, line and access arrangements associated with the use of this feature. A standard analog or digital telephone line is required at each kiosk location.
Brooke Army Medical Center Hospital Directory
DynaTouch worked closely with the Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), to develop a customized directory/wayfinding kiosk solution to meet BAMC-specific requirements. Our services included project management, consultation, content development, graphic design, installation, and training. The hardware solution included six (6) upright, ruggedized kiosks to be located at each hospital entrance. Each system was outfitted with 55″ portrait-mounted monitors with infrared touchscreens.
The overall solution was designed to provide:
- touchscreen interaction, with easy wheelchair access, compatible with prosthetics
- 24/7 unattended operation at each hospital main entry point
- an intuitive mainmenu and welcoming attract loop graphics
- colorful, attractive, easy to read 3D maps
- dynamically generated animated routes with turn-by-turn directions to over 350 destinations
- QR codes for every map for easy take away by Smart Phones
- easy editing by staff after system deployment
- no dependence on outside connectivity or support
- integration into their existing architecture and government-owned servers
- secure, DoD-approved TIPS™ Kiosk Management Software to prevent unauthorized operations